-saw aproximately 25 friends, including one that i haven't seen in way too many years and one delightful chance encounter with an old roommate
-visited 1 lake that I miss dearly, and about 3 i'd never seen before
-spent time with nine family members
-crocheted one mitten
-crocheted one potholder
-2 days of snowshoeing
-one day of skiing
-6 hours working on bikes at the Ft Collins Bicycle Co-op
-baked an apple pie, a chocolate cake, and swedish cardamom bread
-over 20 hours shopping
-3.5 hours mitigating invasive species at Oxley Nature Center in 6 inches of snow
-over 51 hours traveling by car
-made one apron
-read 3 and 3/4 books
-spent 7 marvelous nights on the memory foam matress that I miss so much
-countless hours laughing and enjoying life in general
-ate about 38% more food than necessary

So, that about sums up my break. Sounds great, right? It really was wonderful, but its also good to be back here. We learned more about our next project in yesterdays briefing. Good news-- we will only have kids for three of the six weeks!!! That is totally doable and i'm feeling much better about the whole thing. The rest of the time we'll be doing maintanence type things to get ready for spring, but they were quite vague about this part and we don't even know if that means inside or outside. Speaking of outside, its snowing! Since yesterday evening, I think we've had about 4 more inches to the lingering 6 or so. Oddly enough, you can hardly tell. I mean, the patches on the roof where it had started to melt are covered back over, and it hasn't had time to blow off of the tree limbs and railings, but other than that it looks about the same- everything is white.
Oh the apron and bread both look beautiful. It sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas break. I will try to call you sometime soon.
ReplyDelete